Coronavirus May Shake Up DC Plan Participant Benefits
The COVID-19 crisis poses a big challenge for employers to rationalize the benefits they offer to employees. With budgets stretched and every dollar scrutinized, tough choices loom on DC plan offerings, in addition to programs like financial wellness.
Ready for Another USD Rally?
As funding strains appeared in March, the USD surged. Then the Fed stepped in with massive foreign exchange swaps as a way to lend USD to foreign central banks, intended to ultimately be lent to borrowers in need of USD.
Perspective on Robo Advisor Performance
Recently, Advisor Perspectives published two articles based on the data found in The Robo Report regarding the performance of robo advisors compared to our normalized benchmark. We feel it is important to introduce our perspective on the data in our report and respond to the conclusions drawn in those articles.
Competing Priorities Impact Retirement Preparedness
Franklin Templeton’s 2020 US Retirement Income Strategies and Expectations survey revealed the importance of having a plan to help reduce financial-related stress—particularly relevant amid today’s uncertainties. Our Felix Touchard discusses some findings of the survey, and how respondents feel about their financial future.
Building Resilience: What It Means for Retirement Savings
As the economic fallout from COVID-19 threatens peoples’ livelihoods and erodes their short-term savings, it follows that their long-term financial security is also at-risk. What does it all mean for retirement savings and what steps can we take to build a more resilient system?
A Q&A on Crisis-Era Withdrawal and Social Security Strategies
Dr. William Reichenstein and William Meyer will answer advisors’ questions about how the coronavirus crisis has impacted retirement planning, specifically focusing on tax-efficient withdrawal strategies and Social Security claiming strategies. The points they will cover include the following:
- How at a high level has COVID-19 impacted retirement planning?
- How can advisors add value with retirement planning in the crisis-era?
- Why are tax-efficient withdrawal strategies a good way for advisors to show their “advisor alpha” or how they can add portfolio longevity?
- How will COVID-19 impact market returns and tax-efficient withdrawal strategies?
- How will COVID-19 impact future taxes and tax-efficient withdrawal strategies?
- Case examples illustrating the impact and value withdrawal strategies make for a client.
- How has this environment impacted Social Security planning? Should clients behave differently?
- What strategies do you recommend for “fixing” clients who claim early because of the coronavirus?
- How can advisors best help clients near retirement or in retirement?
Systematic Target-Date Rebalancing: Taking Emotion out of the Equation
The turmoil in the first quarter of 2020 reinforced the importance of rebalancing in target-date design. As we see it, a finely tuned, systematic approach can help keep emotions in check and risk under control—benefits that translate to many types of multi-asset solutions.
Bucket Strategies – Challenging Previous Research
Adoptees of bucket strategies were rewarded over the past two months, as their cash reserves buffered them psychologically from the market decline. Such strategies avoid taking withdrawals from stocks when the market is down, as it is now. But do bucket strategies provide a financial benefit – as some claim – or are any benefits purely behavioral?