Annuity Innovation in the RIA World
Registered investment advisors (RIAs) and financial professionals working within trust companies have been resistant to using annuities for years. In this paper, K. Orian Williams, JD, LL.M, CFP®, highlights exciting new developments in many advisory-friendly annuities. Forward-thinking fiduciary financial professionals may just change their views about these viable strategies.
Recent advisory annuity Innovations:
- Ability to bill on the clients’ assets without triggering taxes or reducing benefits
- Tech-enabled and easier to use
- No withdrawal charges
- Institutionally priced investment options
The Many Uses of Advisory Annuities for Fiduciary Financial Professionals
Modern annuities are sophisticated strategies that can address the core financial-planning areas of retirement: income, tax, and legacy planning. In this paper, K. Orian Williams, JD, LL.M, CFP®, explores the many ways advisory annuities can be useful to fiduciary financial professionals within these important areas and how they can be used to enhance clients’ portfolios.
Annuities can be used to:
- De-risk portfolios using advisory indexed annuities as a bond/fixed-income complement
- Relocate tax-inefficient investments into mirrored tax-deferred subaccounts
- Move clients from commissionable annuities that no longer serve their needs
- Provide income strategies
- Defer and potentially reduce high taxes within irrevocable trusts