Q&A: How the Pandemic has Changed Advisory Practices
This is your chance to ask three well-known practice management experts -- who also are among Advisor Perspectives' best-read columnists -- how they can help you with clients and other business issues brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic. They'll also share what they've been hearing from your peers about how the Covid-19 crisis has dramatically changed financial advisory practices. Don't miss this chance to get advice from these accomplished individuals.
Advisor Marketing for Those who Hate Marketing
Given the instability that the coronavirus has created, what I am going to say may sound highly unusual. This is a great time for financial advisors who can offer a higher level of service and deliver more to their clients. But how do you humbly and graciously communicate that without putting on “the marketing mask?”
This is All You Need to Say on a One-Page Website
Below is an example of a one-page website for a hypothetical RIA firm, Blue Spruce Pine Elm Mountain Rock Advisors (remember how you advisors love to use nature words in your firm names). Clear, crisp, and to the point. Now that’s a welcome change, isn’t it?
Press the Stop Button on the Awkward Elevator Pitch
It’s that time of year when inevitably people at the holiday party are going to ask you what you do for a living. Say arrivederci to the meaningless, awkward mish mosh you were taught in the past. Try these new, cool elevator pitch ideas.
Finding the Right Ecosystem in the Broker-Dealer Jungle
Choosing the wrong broker-dealer is a nightmare beyond reckoning.
A broker-dealer isn’t just somewhere to hang your licenses or clear your trades. And the best deal isn’t necessarily the one that is the most financially lucrative on paper on day one. It’s about finding an ecosystem that allows you to grow your practice to its full potential.
This webinar will be full of concrete examples of broker-dealer transitions that did and did not work out. From these real-life examples, advisors will learn how to judge a broker-dealer firm based upon the following:
- Compliance – Too lax imposes the risk of being subject to litigation or suffering the risk of being associated with a firm who has a bad reputation. But on the other side, too strict and growth can become compromised. How do you find the point of “middle ground” that works for you?
- Marketing –They all say they want to support your growth, but do they include the client acquisition blueprint to actually help you grow?
- Leadership – You’ve got to know that the long term vision for the company lines up with your own. As the spiel goes, at the end of the day it all comes down to people. What do you look for in the people who are running the company? What should be a red flag to you?
- Technology - Does the company have relationships with the right vendors? Do they have enough leverage with these vendors to offer a substantial benefit to you as the advisor? Or is it a “nothing special” case in which they are just checking the box.
- Size. There is a difference between big and small broker-dealer firms.
Kestra Financial leads the industry in wealth management, service and technology solutions, and practice enrichment. Our independent RIA and broker/dealer services have over 20 years of industry experience and are taking flight to elevate the level of personalized service you need. To learn more about how Kestra Financial can support your business check the box in the registration form to the left.
CFA®, CPWA®, CIMA®, CIMC®, and RMA® CE approved
Investments & Wealth Institute® accepts this webinar for 1 hour of CE credit towards the CIMA®, CPWA®, CIMC®, and RMA® certifications. If you provide the required information during the webinar registration process and stay for the entire LIVE event we will report your attendance to IWI. If you watch the ON-DEMAND event please email us at [email protected] for the IWI® webinar ID to self-report your attendance.
Confession: I Chose the Wrong Broker Dealer
When I talk to an advisor who is unhappy with their current broker dealer firm but scared to make a change, I understand why. Here’s how I chose the wrong firm and what I would have done differently. There’s a powerful lesson in it for advisors who are making the same decision.
Hail, Mighty Amazon!
Here we are in the age of Amazon where the customer experience is king. Will the tech giants be the next big players? Or does brick and mortar still have an appeal?
Listen to hear more about what being competitive means in the digital age of financial advice. You’ll also hear all about Ric Edelman’s fantastic sock collection!